Luminor 1950 44 3 Days GMT Power Reserve Automatic Stainless Steel / Black
|Family: ||Luminor 1950|
|Name: ||Luminor 1950 44 3 Days GMT Power Reserve Automatic Stainless Steel / Black|
|Material: ||Stainless steel|
|Diameter: ||44.00 mm|
|Lug Width: ||24.00 mm|
|W/R: ||300.00 m|
Caliber P.9012 is the successor to the P.9002 movement, featuring a slightly slimmer design and a balance bridge secured on two sides.
The automatic P.9012 calibre, entirely developed and created in the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel, has central hour , GMT, and minute hands, the small seconds dial at 9 o’clock, power reserve at 5, and the date at 3 o’clock. The energy necessary to accumulate a power reserve of three days – the basic standard for Panerai in-house movements – is stored in two spring barrels whose springs are wound by an oscillating weight operating in both directions. Consisting of 231 components including 31 jewels, the calibre has a diameter of 13¾ lignes and it is 6 mm thick. The balance, fixed by a bridge with twin supports, oscillates at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz).
|Time:||Additional 12 Hour Hand (adjustable), Hours, Minutes, Small Seconds|
|Additionals:||Power Reserve Indicator|
Luminor is a word which already suggests luminosity and it identifies the largest family of Officine Panerai watches. The Luminor 1950 models follow the tradition of the Italian brand in the field of underwater watches designed to meet the demanding requirements of the Italian Navy. The radium-based substance initially
used to make the dials perfectly visible in conditions of absolute darkness was progressively replaced by a new self-luminous substance based on tritium (an isotope of hydrogen) also invented by Officine Panerai: this was ‘Luminor’, a substance protected by a trademark registered on 11th January 1949 for ‘products luminous in any form, fluorescent, phosphorescent and similar’ intended particularly for military use. The great innovation that distinguishes these watches, known today by the name Luminor 1950, is the crown-protecting device with lever
which ensures an excellent water-resistance of the watch, protecting it from shocks and unintentional manipulations even under the most extreme conditions. Then as now, another principal characteristic of the Luminor 1950 is the cushionshaped case and its wide, flat bezel. Today the crown-protecting device has clearly become the unmistakable, distinctive symbol of Officine Panerai.