W.G. Plein 384, 1054 SG Amsterdam (The Netherlands) and online through our Contact Form.
Article 1 Definitions
The following terms, indicated with a capital, shall have the following meaning:
- Account: the personal environment which is created by you when you register for the Service and to which you obtain access after entering your Login Details.
- Central Watch Data: all material made accessible via the Service by WatchBase, including but not limited to factual data concerning watches and calibers, such as dimension, materials, movement properties, descriptions and images.
- WatchBase: the trade name under which WatchBase B.V. provides the Service. WatchBase B.V. is a private limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands and having its principal place of business at W.G. Plein 384 (1054 SG) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 62021370.
- Database: The collection, made by WatchBase, of Central Watch Data and User Generated Data.
- Intellectual Property Rights: all the intellectual property rights and associated rights such as copyrights, trademark rights, patents, model rights, trade name rights, database rights and neighboring rights as well as the rights to know-how and one-line performances.
- Login Details: the name or alias and password chosen by the User with which the User signs in to the Service.
- Service: the Service WatchBase provides to the User, as further specified in art. 2.
- Software: the software of WatchBase, made available in different ways such as an online service, mobile application or desktop application, including all updated versions of the software.
- Support: the maintenance and support services provided by WatchBase.
- User Generated Data: all information provided, changed or uploaded by the User via the Service, including User Collection Data and User Submitted Data. User Collection Data refers to the data about the User’s collection and/or inventory, including but not limited to purchase details, current value, limited edition numbers, box/papers and personal images. User Submitted Data refers to any additions or contributions to the Central Watch Data.
- Website: the website of WatchBase, available at www.WatchBase.com and all underlying webpages.
Article 2 Use of the Service
- The Service entails providing access to the Database through the use of the Software, by means of which you can access, collect, process and/or share Central Watch Data and generate and/or upload User Generated Data. The Service is intended to enable you to access a data feed of the Central Watch Data and to catalog your watch collection or inventory. The Service also entails access to the cloud storage, through which you can synchronize your data between devices and publish and share these online.
- The specific functionalities of the Service depend on the subscription of the User and the type of Software you use. The functionalities are set out in detail on the Website.
- You can change the status of your Account, make (parts of) your Account publicly available or closed, such as sharing your User Generated Data, or change other settings concerning, for instance, your privacy settings, at any time by changing your Account settings.
Article 3 User’s obligations
- In order to use all the functionalities of the Service you have to create an Account as described on the Website.
- You guarantee that the information provided when creating your Account is complete, correct and accurate. It is not allowed to create an Account in name of another person. You also guarantee that you have reached the age of 16 years, or that you have permission of your parents and/or guardian to create an Account.
- You have to submit Login Details by which you can access the Account. You are responsible for keeping the Login Details secret. As soon as you know or have reason to suspect that the Login Details are no longer secret, or that the Account is being abused, you must notify WatchBase immediately and take all necessary steps to prevent unauthorized access. WatchBase is not liable for any loss or damage from unauthorized access or use of your Account.
- You are responsible for meeting the technical and functional requirements (provided by WatchBase) in order to be able to access and use the Service.
- You guarantee that you will not use the Service and/or the Software in a way that:
- infringes the rights of WatchBase or third parties, including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights or rights in relation to the protection of privacy;
- makes unreasonable or disproportionate use of the infrastructure of the computer systems or impede the functionality or functionalities of the Service;
- damages the interests or reputation of WatchBase
- is contrary to any current legislation or regulations or is any other way unlawful; or
Article 4 Intellectual Property Rights
- All ownership rights and all Intellectual Property Rights in respect of the Service, the Software and the Database exclusively vest in WatchBase and/or its licensors. Furthermore, WatchBase exclusively owns and/or may use all rights in any ideas, concepts, know-how, documentation, techniques with respect to the Service as well as the technology (other than the User Collection Data) available on the servers of WatchBase.
- copy, make available, publish, display, distribute, sublicense or otherwise commercialize the Service, the Database or the Software;
- modify, translate or otherwise create a derivative work of the Database or the Software;
- disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the object code or source code of the Software;
- use the Service or the Database for purposes other than personal use by you. Commercial use is expressly prohibited;
- circumvent or remove any technical measures WatchBase has taken to protect the Service, the Database or the Software, including the copying, transmission or other unauthorized or unintended use of an activation code or license file provided to you by WatchBase; or
- change, render illegible or remove any trademark or recognition signs affixed to the Service, the Software or the Database and/or any references to Intellectual Property Rights including references to its confidential nature and confidentiality.
Article 5 Database
- The Database of WatchBase is to be regarded as a database within the sense of the Dutch Databases Act. WatchBase is the producer of this Database and in that capacity has the exclusive right to grant consent for the use of data, such as Central Watch Data, from this Database.
- You are not allowed without the prior written consent of WatchBase to extract and re-utilize a substantial part of the content of the Database(s) and/or extract and repeatedly and systematically re-utilize non-substantial parts of the content, such as Central Watch Data, of the Database(s) within the sense of the Dutch Databases Act.
- The amount of Central Watch Data retrieved via the Service should be in conformity with mandatory applicable law. Retrieving excessive amounts of Central Watch Data, at sole discretion of WatchBase, is not allowed.
Article 6 User Generated Data
- You guarantee that you will not make available and/or transmit any User Generated Data via the Service which
- at the discretion of WatchBase, is discriminating or is otherwise deemed hurtful, offensive or inappropriate;
- includes a request for the personal details of minors and/or which provides the personal details of others; or
- involves chain letters, junk mail or spamming and/or asks for password or other information which can be traced back to persons, including by using automated software or methods.
- You retain all Intellectual Property Rights to User Generated Data submitted by you. You acknowledge and agree that by making User Generated Data available you automatically grant to WatchBase a royalty-free, unencumbered, world-wide, sub-licensable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, circulate and make public the User Generated Data in connection with the Service, including the right to incorporate (parts of) the User Generated Data in the Central Watch Data and to use the User Generated Data for marketing and/or promotional purposes in connection with the Service.
- You represent and warrant that you own and/or are entitled to provide the license as set out in article 6.2 to WatchBase.
- If you are of the opinion that User Generated Data or Central Watch Data is unlawful, you can report this to WatchBase. You can find more information about this in article 7.3.
- WatchBase reserves the right, without prior notice, to abridge, alter, refuse and/or remove User Generated Content if this is necessary in WatchBase’s opinion, without this resulting in any liability. This paragraph does not withstand the right to take further legal action including, but not limited to, providing your personal details to third parties.
Article 7 Third Party Content
- Third parties’ software applications, content, services, Central Watch Data and/or links to third party websites (“Third Party Content”), may be available on the Service. The availability of such Third Party Content on the Service does not imply that WatchBase has approved or checked this content. WatchBase does not accept any responsibility or liability for Third Party Content or for any use of Third Party Content.
- Third party terms or conditions may apply to Third Party Content.
- In order to terminate infringements of the rights of third parties as soon as possible, WatchBase has developed a procedure for reporting infringing content via a notice and takedown request. You can use the notice and take down procedure at http://www.WatchBase.com/contact.
- WatchBase is not liable for any damage whatsoever, either direct or indirect, caused by the unlawful use of the Service by third parties. WatchBase can only be held to remove or make unavailable any unlawful content or to discontinue any unlawful activities, after it has received a complete and correctly filled out notice in the meaning of article 7.3.
Article 8 Warranty
- WatchBase will render reasonable efforts to provide the Service and the Support in accordance with its written specifications, as published by WatchBase and as may be amended from time to time, when correctly and properly used. The use of the Service, however, is for your own account and risk.
- WatchBase does not guarantee that the Service shall be free of errors and available to you at all times and without interruptions or disturbances or that the results of the Service, including the Database, are accurate, up to date or complete.
- WatchBase is not responsible for:
- the purchase and/or the proper operation of your infrastructure needed to use the Service;
- loss, damage, inaccuracy and/or incompleteness of any data, including User Generated Data and Central Watch Data.
- transmission errors, malfunctions or non-availability of computer, data or telecom facilities, including the internet;
- any unauthorized use or attempted use of the Service;
- making backup copies of any data, including User Generated Data; or
- the management, including checking the settings of the Service and the manner in which the results of the Service are used.
- Your exclusive remedy and WatchBase’s entire liability for breach of the conformity statement in article 8.1 is that WatchBase will use its commercially reasonable efforts to correct or provide a workaround for reproducible errors (which shall mean the Service not substantially functioning in accordance with the specifications) that cause a breach of the conformity statement. If WatchBase is not able to make the Service in conformity with the statement as provided in article 8.1 within a reasonable period (taking into account the severity of the error and its impact on you), WatchBase in its sole discretion shall be entitled to terminate the granted user rights with regard to the Service, without compensating you for any damages following such termination.
Article 9 Disclaimers and LimitationsThis section includes important disclaimers and limitations of WatchBase’s liability.
9.1 Disclaimer of Warranties. THIS SECTION IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SERVICES DATA AND INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED ENTIRELY “AS IS”, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, AND THE USER HEREBY WAIVES ALL SUCH WARRANTIES.
9.2 Limitation of Liability. THIS SECTION IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
9.3 In the event WatchBase should, nevertheless, be liable, then WatchBase shall be liable only for damages insofar as (i) the damage is covered by an insurance taken out by WatchBase and (ii) the amount claimed is paid by the insurer.
9.4 The limitations mentioned in the preceding paragraphs shall not apply if and insofar as the damage or injury is the result of willful intent or gross negligence by the board of directors or the executive management of WatchBase.
9.6 You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with, the use of any data, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such data. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Central Watch Data or User Generated Data.
Article 10 Privacy10.1 During the creation of your Account and during the use of the Service, you will supply WatchBase with personal data. These personal data will be saved and processed according to the WatchBase Privacy Statement (available at http://www.WatchBase.com/privacy) and the applicable legislation and regulations.
Article 11 Term and termination
- The agreement you conclude with WatchBase for the use of the Service has an indefinite duration, unless the parties agree otherwise in writing.
- If you terminate the agreement in writing within 90 days of concluding the agreement because you are not happy with the Service, WatchBase will refund the amounts paid for the Service.
- In all other events where the agreement is terminated for cause, there will be no reversal of that which WatchBase has already delivered nor the related obligation to make payment. You will not receive any refunds as a result of such termination.
- WatchBase may, without prior notice and without becoming liable to you, terminate your agreement with immediate effect if:
- You do not fulfill your payment obligations; or
- Upon termination, you lose access to the Service. You agree that any rights to your Account or any User Generated Data or Central Watch Data terminate upon termination. You agree to delete the Software and all eventual copies thereof from your computer upon termination. WatchBase is not obliged to assist in any data conversion or to provide a copy of your User Generated Data of the Central Watch Data to you.
- Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, a User’s account may be terminated and all User Generated Data, permanently deleted.
Article 12 Payments
- You must pay the price stated on the website of WatchBase for the Services. Payment is made in the manner indicated on the website. Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, payment must be made when you place the order or enter into an agreement.
- The prices stated on the website may, without prior announcement, be changed.
- You cannot hold WatchBase to any offers and or prices if you should in all reasonableness have known that the offer and/or the price are/is an obvious mistake or obvious error in writing.
- WatchBase reserves the right to charge an upgrade fee in the case of new enhancements or additions to the Service.
- Complaints regarding (parts of) the Service do not suspend your payment obligation.
- If you fail to provide full and timely payments, WatchBase has the right to immediately suspend the Service or refuse to provide the Service.
Article 13 Miscellaneous
- IF A CLAIM IS ARBITRATED, THE USER GIVES UP HIS OR HER RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM THE USER MAY HAVE AGAINST WatchBase INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS INCLUDES GIVING UP YOUR RIGHTS TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AS SET FORTH IN ANY STATE STATUTE.
- Notwithstanding any legislative or legal obligations applicable to WatchBase, in relation to you WatchBase will not be obliged to keep any archived agreement accessible to you.